Many people have asked me who inspires me and who and where I learned what I know so that I can then assimilate and pass on amazing things to you. I’m always pleased when I get emails or see comments letting me know that what I write, say, or teach has made a difference in someone’s life and/or career.
However grateful I am for these wonderful messages (extremely), I certainly can’t take the credit without acknowledging the sources and, of course, can’t “teach” what I haven’t learned from someone else. Most great stuff is totally recycled in an expanded form anyway.
OK, I know I have my own special spin on things…just like you do. But what has significantly shaped me and my world comes from the many books I’ve read, seminars I’ve taken, and mentors I’ve worked with.
Today I offer you my list of favorite books that contain the inspiration, knowledge, and great practical information as well as the mindset, outside the box thinking, and motivation that keep me going.
My desire is that this list of books will help find your own path to the expansion of your knowledge, power, and ultimately translate what you read into ACTion. Here are the best of the best:
- Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill
- Ask and It is Given, Abraham-Hicks
- One Less Bitter Actor, Markus Fanagan
- Never Eat Alone, Keith Ferrazzi
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki
- The Cashflow Quadrant, Robert Kiyosaki
- The Game of Life and How to Play It, Florence Scovel Shinn
- How to Act and Eat at the Same Time, Tom Logan
- The Thriving Artists, Joe Abraham and Christine Negherbon
- The Present Actor, Marci Phillips
- Acting as Business, Brian O’Neil
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, T. Harv Eker
- The 4-Hour Work Week, Timothy Ferriss
- The Tipping Point, Malcolm Gladwell
- Power vs. Force, David R. Hawkins
Some may seem obvious (like they have the word ACT in the title!) but some don’t even mention acting. Those books are the ones you may miss, unless you have someone like me telling you “Hey, you GOTTA read this”. Trust me, these books will ROCK your business and your LIFE!
Do you have any books that have inspired you in ways you’d like to share? Please do, in the comments section below.